Frootza - Phantom Frootza - Phantom

So like, when's the album coming out? ;) Another amazing track man, well done. The "chippy" parts of the music are everything that I love about chiptunes. Again, it feels like I just got done playing something and the screen reads "Presented by Capcom"

frootza responds:

Thank you Badger! I think before I actually post the EP/Album, I'll submit a few more dance tracks to newgrounds in the meantime just to even things out. The latest I expect to release it will be two months, but I might submit a sample track just to give people a sneak peak!

Happy that you enjoyed the chip tune aspect. Just a basic square wave, but I think that is what really makes it suitable for video games and the like!

frootza

L4D2 - My Favorite Things L4D2 - My Favorite Things

You people don't even know

Dude I've SEEN ol' Lizard take out like 5 Tanks at a time...with Nick's forehead. Yeah, that's right. She wet-wired herself into the framework of L4D2 and gained forehead 'cheeves. This one time she was cornered by a Charger and the Charger was all "Surrender". Odd looked him straight in the face and calmly replied "I will NOT...accept your surrender", and then transformed Nick's hand into a Fusion Cannon. A god damned Fusion Cannon. We had a full hero closet after that one, but hey...it was all good. This one time we were running The Bridge. Expert Realism. Nothing but handguns. She whispered: "Do you know what time it is, Chunkeyballs?" (because I was Coach) I was like "What the hell are you on about?" She was like "It's Cream of Fuckin' Onion Time, motherfucker." Three seconds later, that bridge was toast and orbiting Europa and we had all ascended to a higher plane of existence.

My point is this: Most of you will listen to this song and think "Ah, what a cute little song about Left 4 Dead 2" or "Wow, thank heavens this Lizard person can remain cheery and good-natured about all the Boomer fat and Jockey head-humping"...nah man. Nah. She lived this shit. She's got the thousand-yard stare to prove it.

This song is fucking awesome btw :D

TheLizardofOdd responds:

.....................................
....

Yeah that about sums it up really.

Ready to Serve! Ready to Serve!

Warcraft 2: Tuesday Bondage Night of Darkness

peons and peasants head to Undercity for a night of 'roleplaying peace'...and yes...they brought the sheep :P

hardstyle - the supressors hardstyle - the supressors

Do you like 'Phil Collins'?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think 'Invisible Touch' was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility...at the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

If you ever get a chance, listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship...the sheer songwriting...this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to 'Land of Confusion'...in this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority.

'In Too Deep' is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying!(in a narrower way), especially songs like 'In the Air Tonight' and 'Against All Odds'. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Look up 'Sussudio', a great, great song, a personal favorite :3

slapping sounds together slapping sounds together

Do you like 'Huey Lewis and the News"?

It sounds pretty similiar to stuff they did when they were first started out.

Their earlier work was a little too 'new wave' for my tastes...but when 'Sports' came out on '83, I think they really came into their own (commercially and artistically).

The whole album has a clear crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs A BIG BOOST :)

He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, CYNICAL sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released 'Fore', their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square"...a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself. I dunno man I think you might dig it given the direction your music seems to be headed :D

deploted [hardstyle attempt] deploted [hardstyle attempt]

Actually a pretty good first attempt

You're sequencing's gotten much better, and it's a pretty solid first try at a hardstyle beat. Rawk

aznj50 responds:

yeah, synthesis has long learning curve. I'm still learning.

spooky melody spooky melody

I'm following you.

I am very interested in seeing how you evolve.

In my opinion, your head is in the correct place. What you lack in theory and structure you make up for with hunger and a positive outlook in regards to becoming a better composer, and I respect that. Just keep in mind to not completely balk at the idea of delving more into music theory once you've sated the need to build up a slew of engineered sounds. Judging by this simple melody when compared to other songs you've submitted, you're getting a basic feel for what notes sound good together...that's like 75% of the battle right there.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess this is 75-76bpm? Do this: Loop this shit. Take your kick drum patch and make a simple 4/4 beat over it(one kick sound per quarter note. You should end up with 22 kick sounds in a sequence before the loop starts over) In playback the kick should be slow and steady (75/76bpm) and go right along with the loop. Voila, your song now sounds like some bad German Industrial music. ;P Use the 4/4 beat a as a reference and try to craft a more complex beat from it. using other percussion patches.

Don't let the nay-sayers get you down.

Keep it up

aznj50 responds:

Lolz, I will considering finishing the song. Yes all my friends are like music theory music theory. Then their like then master I'm like. Some people who give me advice are not even in the industry I don't even know who to trust. But I know quite a few people that are producers at different levels. hell I even know some professional hardstyle and trance producers. Everything takes time.

Zombies! Custom Vo Work Zombies! Custom Vo Work

You're a goddamn genius.

This is good. This is REALLY good. I just don't even know what to say dude.
MANLY TEARS OF REVERENCE for the Fast Zombie. ]:`|

[---------------------------place fist here----------------------------]

Pound it.

Rawk.

Herald Herald

This song is just RIGHT...

I have to disagree with a previous reviewer, that whole bit between 0:29 to 1:04 was my favorite part :P I am a crazy sucker for that 'MegaMan urgency' in songs if that makes any sense at all. I'm sad(I think?) to report that it didn't make me take off my pants, but I listened to it 5 times in a row. Rad shtuff

frootza responds:

Thanks so much for the review! It means a lot, you have quite a lot of awesome 8-bit techno sounding songs on your page. I get what your saying with the urgency, its sort of what I was going for so I'm glad you picked up on it. PS: Its cool that you didn't do that with your pants :P

-frootza

Trial by Fire . . . of DOOM! Trial by Fire . . . of DOOM!

mother of godddd

YES. This. I think my room just took flight and spawned cannons and took out a piece of the neighborhood or some shit...wow dude. There is much Doom here, and it is awesome.

1:25 to 1:48 is my favorite part, especially the cool Access Virus-sounding-detuned saw-wave-with-the-EQ-sweepy-thing going on and the way the rhythm seems to 'gallop' Great work :)

TheLizardofOdd responds:

LMFAO love your description...XD Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!